How to apply for emergency exit pass in Rwanda
Requirements to Obtain an Emergency Travel Document (ETD)
- Duly filled application form in CAPITAL print (issued on arrival at High Commission)
- Completion of Declaration form regarding the loss of a passport or other travel document;
- Certified photocopy of passport, (only if damaged or expired);
- Two (2) colour passport-size photographs with white background and both ears in view
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate;
- Copy of police report in case of lost passport;
- Copy of flight ticket;
- Copy of Rwandan Passport.
The Emergency Travel Certificate is only valid for five days from the date of issue including weekends and public holidays. Hence, all applicants are STRONGLY advised to apply for an Emergency Travel Certificate at least two (2) days prior to travel date. The Emergency Travel Certificate must be surrendered to the Immigration Officer at the point of entry in Rwanda.